I wanted to use up the puff pastry that I didn’t use for my chicken pie the other day so thought I’d try making cheese and bacon turnovers.
- Leftover puff pastry
- 3 rashers of bacon
- Handful of grated cheese
- To begin with, I grilled my bacon.
- While the bacon was cooking, I grated some cheese and cut my pastry into 4 parts(see awful diagram below 😂)
- When the bacon was cooked, I cut it into pieces and placed it on the corners of all the pieces of pastry.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the bacon.
- Fold the ends of the pastry into the middle and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 15-20 minutes.
These were delicious and just like the ones you can buy from bakery’s!
Of course, you don’t have to use leftover pastry and follow my wacky diagram!