This cheat’s chicken pie is quick and simple to make!
I made up the recipe as I was going along. We had roast chicken for tea last night so had some leftover chicken to use up.
- 1 tin of chicken soup
- Few handfuls of frozen veg of your choice (I used broccoli, carrot and cauliflower)
- Leftover/ pre-cooked chicken
- Gravy granules
- Ready-rolled puff pastry
- Boil the vegetable for 5 minutes, so they’re no longer frozen but still fairly firm.
- Cut the vegetables into smaller pieces (optional)
- Pour the tin of chicken soup into a pan and put on a medium heat hob.
- Add the vegetables and pre-cooked chicken and stir.
- Add some gravy granules of your choice (preferably chicken, but i used beef as that’s all I had in the cupboard) to thicken the sauce a little.
- Un-roll the puff pastry and lay your ceramic, oven-safe dish on top and cut around it to make a lid for your pie
- Pour mixture into dish & place lid on top.
- Brush pastry with a little milk and cook at 180 degrees celcius for 15-20 minutes.
Serve with vegetables and extra gravy (optional). You could also serve with mash potato or chips to make a more filling meal.