This is a quick, easy & yummy recipe for hommity pie! Relatively healthy, with the exception of the cheese!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Leeks
- 2-3 Handfuls Frozen Peas
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 85ml Vegetable Stock
- Grated Cheese (quantity depends on how cheesy you want it, I used half a block of Cathedral City Mature Cheddar!)
- Seasoning, to taste
- Cut, boil & mash potatoes.
- Chop the onion & leek. Add to a pan with a little oil & the frozen peas and fry until soft.
- In a bowl or the saucepan you boiled the potatoes in, mix potato, garlic, eggs, leeks, peas, onion, vegetable stock, seasoning & half the grated cheese.
- Transfer mixture to an oven-proof dish and top with the leftover cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes @ 200 degrees celcius.
**You could add/swap some ingredients. I am going to add some bacon to ours.**